I’m really sorry about my absence on here recently, have been so busy with university work and managing my small business that I haven’t had anytime for baking. But as promised this is another one of my recipes that I would like to share with you. This is a really easy and really quick dessert that can be cooked in the microwave. This is the only bit of baking that I have had time for recently, so I hope you like it
This very tasty chocolate pudding is something that we have worked on and developed over the years. We always made our Treacle Sponge pudding this way and one day we decided to try something different.
You Will Need:
6oz Self Raising Flour
Splash of milk
Microwavable Bowl (The bowls that Christmas Puddings come in are perfect for this)
A Box of After Eight Dinner Mints
What You Need To Do:
1. Sieve the flour into the mixing bowl
3. Add the eggs to the mixture and whisk together using the electronic whisk
4. Add a splash of milk (or another egg) until the mixture is creamy
5. Grease the microwavable bowl
6. Break up half the after eight chocolates and place in the bottom of the bowl
7. Break up the other half of the chocolates and stir into the mixture
8. Pour the mixture onto the after eight’s in the bottom of the bowl
9. Cover with cling film and pierce with a fork
10. Pop into the microwave for about 9 minutes on full power. When it is ready you should be able to put a knife all the way into the centre, and it should come out clean. If it is not quite done, pop it in for another 30 seconds and repeat until it is ready.
11. Run a knife around the outside of the pudding to make sure it is not stuck to the sides of the bowl
12. Put a plate on top of the bowl and turn it upside down carefully (so that the pudding falls out onto the plate) and serve
We normally serve hot with custard and that is it. A nice winter pudding cooked in under 10 minutes without the need of an oven. My Grandma makes her steam puddings properly, steaming it for over four hours and we still think that there is little difference between the two, apart from the fact that one is much less time consuming.
I hope you enjoy!